Friday, June 20, 2008

It's been a while

So the last 2 weeks or so have been kind of crazy. For once since i've been out of school I've been super busy. There's been a lot so i'll just give the highs and lows.

Charlotte - June 5th through the 9th

An awesome trip. Got to see lots of people including Joe.
joeanddansmith

The first night I got in me and Nick went to the milestone to see Greg Ginn of Black Flag fame play with two bands.
It was great for a little bit, but after the first 30 minutes of "jamming" it got pretty boring and lost the novelty of it.

Friday we went and saw yardwork play which was a fun experience. I also saw lots of people who I hadn't seen in forever. Sadly no pictures from this.

The rest of the weekend was spent kind of here and there. Monday was my last day there and I decided I had to go cliff jumping. The ride there was fun, the Ipod was passed around the whole hour long trip letting everyone get their say in what we listened to. We stopped by a grocery store near the cliffs to buy some sodas and snack and some flotation devices.I thought that maybe since it was a monday there wouldn't be as many people there. I was wrong. We jumped about 3 times each and kind of just floated around. The water was a little warm for me, but if you swam out a little further it was progressively colder.
summer
After Cliff Jumping I went to Moe's and grabbed dinner with Stephanie Keller, who is always a pleasure to hang out with.
After that i proceeded to make the journey back to Durham.

Charlotte - June 10th
I had just gotten home the night before at around 11pm. There was no A/C and it was well near 100 degrees in my apartment. I had a million things that needed to be done but all i wanted to do was sleep. I had no more energy to spare and had to be to work at 9 the next morning. I got little sleep and managed to get to work late as usual. After a horribly long day at work I met Cameron, Dave, and suprisingly Anna who was supposed to be Hank (who apparently bailed on the trip for understandable reasons). After much arranging we fit everyone and all the equipment in the car. The ride down was rough due to my Ipod being frozen and unable to be listened to, so we listened to the 3 cds I have, each about 2 times. Finally we got there and were kind of early. So we all proceeded to walk down to snug harbor. Everyone else got a couple of drinks. Finally it came around time for us to play. Everyone else in the band nailed it and were awesome.... my performance was somewhat lacking. But not much i can do about it now. I can make excuses till the end of time but i really think i just didn't have any energy at all and was running on fumes. After us was Planet Piss who were entertaining, it was funny seeing scott play drums. I got a couple picture of them but they're on a roll i haven't finished off yet. Total Abuse was cool but since we had two more opportunities to see them me and a few others decided to walk down to the common market. Obstruction was last and played one of the better sets i've seen them play. The turnout for the night was pretty awesome, I hadn't seen that many people in Charlotte go to a legitimate show in a while. Again afterwards we stopped by Common Market to get a few drinks and relax for a second before the drive home.
lp1
check my flickr for more pictures from the show courtesy of Neal Mims.


Wednesday I got a chance to meet up with Risa Patterson who I had gone to highschool with. We went to Lilly's to sit down and grab some food and catch up. It was a great night and crazy how much we have in common, we never really talked much in highschool. She now plays in a band and basically makes a living off of it. I will admit that I am completely and utterly jealous.

Raleigh - June 12th
Again another long work day proceeded by a show. The show started out at GSS house. First up was Total Abuse. This set seemed to be a lot better than the one they played in Charlotte. They got through their set and then it was time for Condominiums to play. They got their equipment set up and got through 1.5 songs before someone ran in and told them to cut it short because the Cops were there. After about 20 minutes of confusion and everyone kind of just milling around someone finally said that the show was being moved a couple blocks down the road. So everyone packed up equipment really quickly and drove over there. The living room was rearranged and equipment was set up again and the show was back on track. All the bands were to play quick 3-5 song sets. Condominiums played 3 awesome songs and then stepped off. Up right afterwards was Wasted time. They picked a quick set of the hits which was amazing. Even though a majority of the crowd had been lost after moving houses it was still great. Logic Problem finished out the night basically playing the 4 songs off the 7" and then a Scream cover. It was awesome that the show still went on even after the cops coming. What wasn't awesome was my glasses falling off while playing and stepping on them a few hundred times basically destroying them. They have since been fixed up some. I had to run to the practice space to unload equipment and then run home because i had work in the morning (which i was of course late for).
Sadly no pictures.... I'm trying to track some down from this show. If you have them let me know.

June 13th - now
Since last thursday not much has happened. I worked all weekend, but got a chance to go see forgetting sarah marshall with Daniel and Kelly. I thought it was great.
Also it was great for getting to see this trailer.

Also Monday was dinner with Risa again and again it was great.
Tuesday was a show at GSS house, I only caught Cold Tony who were good minus some possibly questionable lyrics and the Drowsies who were awesome. The rest of the night was spent out front talking and hanging out and discussing the merits of Troll 2 as possibly the best worst film ever. I was planning on leaving but then convinced to go the Jackpot to shoot some pool. After that we made it back to kent and hung out more while Freddy VS Jason and then Waiting were playing inside. Finally I decided it was time to get home like i had planned hours before.
Wednesday was a failed attempt with Daniel to make logic problem shirts..... It was fun hanging out though.
Thursday was work and then me and Jessica went to see Risa's band play. It was at the 42nd street oyster bar. It was very odd. Me and Jessica were both trying to fend off being groped by drunken old people. It seemed to just be an endless crowd of older people grinding on each other... whether dancing or "trying to get by". In front of us were these two girls who did not look over 21 being supplied endless amounts of alcohol by someone who did not look under 51 and definately did not act like a fatherly figure, except maybe like a step dad with boundry issues. VERY CREEPY. The band was fun though, going through the hits. Sadly we had apparently missed them playing Under Pressure which was strung into Ice Ice Baby due to the "shared" bass line. around 11:30 it was time to leave since the two of us were definately scared and traumatized from the things we saw going on around us.

Right Now - Tonight
Right now i'm laying in bed about to get up after typing this horribly long account of my last couple weeks. I have a lot of errands to run including going to the practice space to practice by myself and then grab equipment.
Then it is off to see BRAIN HANDLE



and then tomorrow we leave for NO WAY FEST!
I'm sure i'll take tons of pictures and try and post about all that happens.

ALSO
i can't wait for this to actualy come out

No comments: