Sunday, December 14, 2008

Don't care about nothin' not even my girl

So I ripped this the other day, a good split with cool artwork. Definitely more for the garage fans.

THE MUMMIES VS THE WOLFMEN!

Double 7" split put out by Sympathy for the Record Industry in 91. Included a fold-out with artwork by Coop

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


Ok now that that's over with here's what to expect from the music.
The mummies start off their 7" with a cover of Chris Kenner's Land of 1000 Dances. I never knew who actually wrote the song. Basically typical early rock song with the Mummies blend of blown out vocals. According to Wikipedia the "nananana" parts were added when Cannibal & the Headhunters covered the song. Every band in the world seems to have done a cover of this song. Some make sense (ie little richard, bill haley and his comets) other's don't (broken social scene, and vinnie jone??) but this song definitely fits for the Mummies.
Next is Victim of Circumstances, which I assume is also a cover but I don't know who did the original. It's a little slower not as rock and roll as the first song. It's very somber and features lots of organ. I really like this song but it feels slightly depressing compared to the other song but I think shows the contrast The Mummies are able to produce, making fun light hearted songs on top of dark songs. I think this may be my favorite though on the split.

The Wolfmen tracks make you feel like you should have a pomp and some wingtips on while listening to it. Straight rock. Insane in an Insane world seems to drag on a little long. But then again so does the other song, Don't want no one to love me but you, who's name even drags on too long. Still they're good songs. I think if Insane in an Insane World was a minute shorter it'd be a great song but still it's a solid track otherwise.

Here's a zip with all 4 songs and all the artwork

DOWNLOADDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!



EDIT: Ok i notice now that the pictures are too big............... it will take me forever to fix them..... so fuck it just download it.

1 comment:

Todd said...

No comments in two years? Whatever. You are my hero for posting this.