Friday, November 21, 2008

I've got an urge... i've got a surge and I'm outta control

So Rockband 2 has one of my favorite DEVO songs on it. I'm not a big DEVO person but I love the song Uncontrollable Urge.
This reminded me of a 7" I forgot I had.



This is the 90's Budget rock band The Mummies covering Uncontrollable Urge and Girl You Want by DEVO.
The record isn't really on Sub Pop. The Back cover explains with a letter from sub pop asking the Mummies to Release a sub pop single and then next to it their response. (I'll see if i can scan the back cover because it's a pretty funny response)
Both tracks are live and I think actually better quality than some of their other releases.
Pure Fun records put it out (apparently one of their two releases)

There's a blog with both tracks available to listen to ------> here

Also here's a video of the show the song was recorded at (the sound is not as good quality as the 7")


The record was limited to 1000 copies on pretty purple marble vinyl.

No comments: