Tuesday, May 13, 2008

California.... the conclusion

So it's my last day here and i'm about to get ready to start packing. The plan is to get out of here and hit up a van's store and a final trip to In and Out and then go to the airport. This time i'm ready with my laptop fully charged and some new movies to watch.

Yesterday's trip to hollywood was interesting. First to begin with hollywood doesn't awaken till noon apparently. I got there at 11 with the intent of going to Headline records. Sadly they didn't open till noon. It was really dark and gloomy out. So i walked up the street to find a johnny rockets. It was one of the few things open so i went in and sat down and got some onion rings and a soda to pass the time. It hit about 11:30 or 11:45 and i walked back towards the store to wait outside. The vintage t-shirt shop across the street was then open so i walked inside to waste some more time. I don't get how people shop at those vintage shirt places. A t-shirt ranged from $28-$36. And they weren't even really cool shirts, they were just typical stuff you'd find at a goodwill. So finally i see the guy across the street open the door and pull away the gate so i make my way back over. The owner was French and wearing a vibrators shirt when i walked in so i knew this could be a cool place. First thing i see when i walked in was a collectables section. Lots of awesome stuff but all way out of my price range. I only had $100 to spend and didn't want to blow it all on one record. So i went to searching. An hour and a half later i walked out with a pretty sizeable load. And then it was off to amoeba records for another quick stop. The walk took about an hour but on the way i got to see a Banksy piece and lots of other cool stuff. Finally i get to Amoeba to pick up an original copy of The Record by Fear. It's pretty beat up but i don't care much, it still played good. By then it was about 2:35 and i had to walk way down sunset to get to the metro station. It was a lot further than i thought. When i was walking i did notice a street named L Ron Hubbard St. and i just looked in confusion and thought to myself "really....?" And then when i get closer i look to my right and see "The Church Of Scientology". At first it looks like this little building up front that slightly resembles a church, but then i notice that this giant industrial looking complex behind it is attached to it. Very scary looking stuff. Anyways no time to really stop and look though because i was running late for my train. I get to the metro grab my ticket and make it down the escalator just in time to watch my train pull off. So i sit patiently and wait for the next one to come. I get on and wait some more till i get to universal city. I get off and rush up three escalators into the bright sun that was now out. Originally i had 11 minutes between when my train i was supposed to be there and when my bus left and the train i got on came 10 minutes later so i had a minute to try and catch my bus and again i get up and am blinded by the sun but then in the distance see the bus i'm supposed to be on riding off.... So again i sit patiently and wait for another bus. Finally one gets there about 30 minutes later. So i finally get back to meet my sister with blisters on both my feet. We then meet up with josh her fiancee and i go with him to their bible group study which tonight is special, all of the women go out to eat while the men sit and play Wii with the kids and eat pizza. It was a fun time. And now i'm here..... time to pack.
I'll try and get some pictures of the record haul from yesterday.
And when i get back i'll try and get some of the pictures i took scanned.

No comments: