Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Journey

So. I haven't really taken the chance to write what happened after i left the hotel the other day. I found out that the downtown area of lexington was a mile over a hill. i walked there to find nothing interesting. There was a tattoo shop so i decided what would be funnier than randomly getting a tattoo in the middle of nowhere. Their internet was down though so they wouldn't do it. it made no sense to me. So rejected i began my long journey to the auto place. The first portion of the walk was through the woods. well i was on a road, just surrounded but woods. I finally came out to a main road. By then i think i wasstarting my second listen to Damaged by black flag. 90% of the rest of the trip was to be on that road. There wasn't much going through "town." I stopped and talked to some people at an auto place sitting outside. Some douchebag on a bike kept riding by me and yelling stuff. Finally i got to more nowhere. When i goto to a gas station i looked at a map. I had been walking for a long time now. I had listened to damaged twice and the minor threat discography and had moved on to is this real by the wipers. I had atleast another 2 hours left of walking it looked like and it was allready 3pm. I noticed on the map that there was an interstate that would cut some time off my trip. So i started down the interstate and decided that it'd be a lot faster to catch a ride. I noticed a lot of church buses/vans driving by and was sure one of them would give me a ride. Finally a lexus SUV drove by and stopped. I run up to it my shoulders are killing me by now from carrying my bag and i'm starting to get burnt. I look in the side window with my map in hand and there's a real redneck looking guy sitting in the passenger seat and a hispanic guy driving. There is hispanic music playing really loud and they agree to take me up to my exit. I get there and am walking for a good 20 minutes before the tow truck driver sees me and picks me up. We drive for about 5 minutes till we get to the shop. My car is almost done. I have to wait for about 30 minutes and then am able to leave. I proceed to drive home listening to the buzzcocks and the busy signals and 999.

I'm sure there will be an update on what's happened since i got back. Nothing horribly exciting.

Listening to: Bad religion

No comments: