Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dedicated to all the real hardcorepunkers

So I still haven't quite figured out the format for this blog. I don't really have enough records to rip and upload to make it worth being dedicated to that. And I know nobody really cares about the everyday happenings of my life (hell I barely do). But for now I'm going to upload a couple of awesome records. I'm sure the blog will come into heavy use during the tour.


First up today is the second installment of the Best Run Fast 7" compilations from Japan. The first one is actually better in my opinion (you have slaver and lc pirates and a much better DONDON song) but I needed to rip this anyways for myself so decided to share it. You can search 7" punk for the first comp. After the second 7" came a video and a compilation LP in the series. I still haven't been able to find a copy of either, digital or physical. The compilations were put out by MCR in the early 90's. MCR still is putting out tons of cds and videos. You can check them out HERE.

BRF2COVER
BRF2INSERT
BRF2STICKER

The last picture is a sticker... it's pretty large and all one sticker. A little weird, I don't know anyone who'd really want to just slap that on stuff.

As far as the songs go, the sicilian blood song is definitely the ripper of the bunch. The mess song is really good but not quite up with the Sicilian Blood song. I'm not too much of a fan of Idora's rendition of Helter Skelter. It's interesting, but I don't think I've ever heard a cover of that song I like. DONDON's song is super powerful with the driving force typical of Japanese hardcore. I myself like the song exterminate to the fashion from the first Best Run Fast Better though.

Also as the first 7" this one is also dedicated to all the real hardcorepunkers.

DOWNLOAD

No comments: