Friday, July 18, 2008

Awesome record days

So I have gotten my hands on the Logic Problem 7", the Devour Test Press, the new Gentleman Jesse LP, and all three Fucked Up - Year of the Pig 7"s within the last 24 hours.

The logic problem layout turned out awesome (i'll put up scans of the cover and what not later).
DEVOUR!!!!!! Holy fuck...... those are the only words to describe it.... I don't want to ruin it for anyone but prepare to have your mind blown. Seriously... this record sounds close to perfect. I can't wait for the real version and for lyric sheets. From start to finish it just destroys everything though.
The Gentleman Jesse lp is good. There doesn't seem to be the catchy hooks like the 7" or the split 7" but still it's really good. Haven't had a good enough chance to really get through it though. I have noticed that it's apparently cool to write half of the song title and then the other half in parenthesis.
Haven't listened to the Fucked Up 7"s. Really I bought these to hear the B-sides, and decided the worse that could happen would be that they suck and I put them up as a lot on ebay. I'm guessing it's year of the pig split into three sections and each section is an A-Side for each 7". Again I haven't had a chance to listen to them yet so this is only speculation. I wouldn't put it past the band to do something weirder and less logical.

No comments: